We’re very pleased to announce the (relatively last-minute) addition of our newest Featured Performer, Opus Moreschi. Opus is the former head writer on the Colbert Report, and he has more Peabody Awards than everyone else on our cruise combined. See his full bio and a picture of him in a bee costume on our Entertainment page.
The JCCC5 performer lineup continues to evolve, with the official announcement of the following three artists:
Excitement! Furor! Exclamation points!
A few more items of note:
- As of this writing, there are exactly two suites left at the Embassy Suites in our reduced-rate “JCCC block” for Jan. 30; a number of rooms are still available at the Hilton Marina in our block there as well. (Some rooms are also available post-cruise and several days pre-cruise at both hotels.) If you’re interested in getting rooms in either hotel, links are on our Travel and Accommodations page.
- If you haven’t checked yet, now is a good time to make sure your passport/travel documents are up to date. To avoid potential hassles, your passport should be valid for six months after our sailing. Note to U.S. citizens: since we are traveling in a “closed loop” leaving from and returning to a U.S. port, you may also travel with a birth certificate instead; but it MUST be either an original birth certificate or a certified copy. (But we really recommend a passport, as it’ll result in the least potential hassle for you.)
Complete travel document requirements can be found on RCI’s Travel Documentation page.
- Coming very, very soon: the JCCC5 Merch Store!
- Tell your lollygagging friends: we’re throwing off excess inventory soon like so much space junk, so cabin options will become much more limited after December 1!
The Home Office
We are thrilled to announce the addition of two great authors to the JCCC5 lineup:
- Performer: New York Times bestselling author of the Kingkiller Chronicles series Patrick Rothfuss
- Featured Guest: New York Times bestselling author and multiple Hugo Award winner John Scalzi
Also of note: John Scalzi will be coordinating a series of writing workshops, panels and Q&As onboard JCCC5. Details are still being finalized, and will be announced here soon.
Both authors’ complete bios (and info on all our performers and Featured Guests) can be found on our Entertainment page.
The Management is very happy to announce that Merlin Mann will be joining the performing lineup for JCCC5.
Additionally, fan favorite Molly Lewis will be joining us as a Featured Guest.
The complete JCCC5 lineup (so far! More to come…) can be found on our Entertainment page.
We’re very happy to announce the initial Performer Lineup for JoCo Cruise Crazy 5!
Plus Featured Guests*:
Pretty sweet, right? And we’re still not done! We’ll be announcing more Performers and Guests in the coming weeks.
*Featured Guests will not have their own main stage performances; but they will host events, hold Office Hours, and will very likely appear as guests during other performers’ shows and/or other Main Stage events.
The JCCC There and Back Again: Travel and Accommodations page has been updated with complete booking information for the two “official” JCCC5 hotels, the Hilton Fort Lauderdale Marina and the Embassy Suites Fort Lauderdale Hotel, including special JCCC5-exclusive rates. The page also now has information for booking shuttles to/from these hotels to the cruiseport and FLL Airport.
We expect our hotel room blocks to sell out, so be sure to act fast!
Hello Sea Monkeys Actual and Potential! Just a quick notice to let you know that we have extended the deadline for the JCCC5 Early Booking Discount to this coming Tuesday, May 27 at 11:59 pm EDT.
So if you haven’t booked your cabin for JCCC5 yet, you have a little extra time to qualify for the Early Booking discount of $75 per person. But not much; so act soon!
Two very important bits of news:
- “Firsties” JCCC5 cabin selection for the JCCC4 Onboard Bookers begins May 6th. (We have just sent an email with more details to everyone who signed up via Onboard Booking. If you don’t receive it for some reason, please let the Home Office know ASAP.)
- General Public booking for JCCC5 begins on May 12th at 12 noon EDT. We expect many cabin types to sell out quickly, so don’t miss out!
This has been emailed to all passengers, and posted in the JCCC4 discussion forums; but just to be thorough, here is a link a PDF the JCCC4 Main Events Schedule.
That is all.
It’s true! In addition to getting ready to set sail on JCCC4, The Home Office also been hard at work locking down the details for JCCC5. General public booking won’t open until a few weeks after JCCC4 ends, but here are the basics:
JoCo Cruise Crazy 5
Saturday, January 31 – Sunday, February 8, 2015
on Royal Caribbean’s Independence of the Seas
8-night cruise from Ft. Lauderdale to St. Maarten, St. Kitts, Puerto Rico and Labadee
Complete JCCC5 pricing will be announced on JCCC4, and published here at jococruisecrazy.com after we return.
IMPORTANT: JCCC5 can only be booked here at jococruisecrazy.com (unless you’re sailing on JCCC4; see below). you MAY NOT purchase from anyone else (a travel agent, Royal Caribbean’s website, some guy on the street, etc.) and still participate in JoCo Cruise Crazy’s exclusive entertainment and activities. No exceptions.
And if you are going to be on JCCC4, congratulations; because this year, the ONLY opportunity to “pre-book” JCCC5 (before booking opens to the general public) will be for JCCC4 Sea Monkeys, during JCCC4 itself. (There will be no secondary, post-cruise pre-booking period.)
Here’s a few details on how it will work:
We’ll be sending a JCCC5 Onboard Booking form to every cabin, which carries benefits only available to JCCC4 crusiers:
Early access to JCCC5 room selection
A new incentive this year: a $100 per cabin room credit on your JCCC5 room account (courtesy of RCI; applies only to JCCC4 onboard bookings)
Additional JCCC discounts totaling $110 per person will be automatically applied to your booking:
$35 per person Returning Monkey discount (for all Sea Monkeys from any previous JCCC sailing)
$75 per person Early Booking discount (for all who book before May 23, 2014)
Our Onboard Booking form will collect basic personal information and your desired stateroom type (suite, balcony, exterior, interior; this can be changed later if desired). Wifi Temperance Brigaders rejoice: no Internet or technology beyond a pen is necessary to book JCCC5.
A $250 per cabin deposit will be charged to your room account or to another credit card of your choice by the time JCCC4 ends.
An email confirmation will be sent to your email address on file.
Additional per person deposits will be due and specific cabin selection will take place post-JCCC4, when the JCCC5 booking engine opens (currently scheduled for April 15).
All deposits will be fully refundable through May 23, 2014.
Of course we’ll have more details later; but that’s hopefully enough for you to be prepared, should you decide to book onboard. And now that you know, we return you to your previously scheduled dreams of white sand beaches and gatherings of Sea Monkeys…